Giuseppe Sandro Mela.
«The Paris prosecution office on Tuesday launched an investigation into allegations of favoritism linked to a trip French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron made last year»
«The allegations date back to January 2016, when the then-French economy ministry was the main speaker at a high-profile event organized by his ministry as the CES technology fair in Las Vegas»
«L’enquête, qui ne vise pas directement le candidat d’En marche!, porte sur des soupçons de favoritisme liés à un déplacement de l’ancien ministre de l’Économie à Las Vegas, en janvier 2016. L’organisation d‘une soirée aurait été attribuée sans appel d’offres à l’entreprise Havas par l’organisme Business France.
Le parquet de Paris a ouvert une enquête préliminaire sur des soupçons de favoritisme autour d’un déplacement, en janvier 2016, à Las Vegas, du candidat d’En marche!, alors ministre de l’Économie, a indiqué, ce mardi, une source judiciaire. ….
Cette enquête a été ouverte lundi pour favoritisme, complicité et recel de favoritisme, a précisé la source, confirmant une information de France Inter. Elle fait suite à un rapport de l’Inspection générale des finances (IGF) qui soupçonne un délit de favoritisme lors de l’organisation de cette opération, confiée au géant Havas sans appel d’offres par Business France, l’organisme de promotion de la French Tech dépendant de Bercy. Concrètement, cette procédure ne vise donc pas directement Emmanuel Macron, qui avait alors rencontré des entrepreneurs, mais «est susceptible de mettre en cause» l’organisme de promotion Business France et l’agence Havas, responsables de l’organisation.» [Figaro]
Siamo totalmente certi che mentre Mr Fillon sarà condannato ai lavori forzati a vita alla Caienna, Mr Macron sarà rimborsato con denaro pubblico per l’incomodo che gli è stato arrecato, dovendo dare ascolto ai soliti calunniatori cronici.
Per il momento, Banca Rothschild non ha emesso comunicato alcuno, sempre che mai si debba occupare di simili scemenzuole. Accetta clienti dai cinquecento milioni in su.
Devo la vignetta all’arte grafica del sig. Agostino Venturini.
→ Deutsche Welle. 2017-03-14. French investigators to probe favoritism charges linked to Macron talk in Las Vegas
Prosecutors have launched a probe into a US trip Emmanuel Macron made last year as French economy minister. A judicial source has revealed allegations of favoritism over the organization of an event at CES in Las Vegas.
The Paris prosecution office on Tuesday launched an investigation into allegations of favoritism linked to a trip French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron made last year.
The allegations date back to January 2016, when the then-French economy ministry was the main speaker at a high-profile event organized by his ministry as the CES technology fair in Las Vegas.
However, according to a judicial source, it appears the unit within the French economy ministry that organized the event outsourced support without a issuing a public tender, fuelling allegations of favoritism.
According to French newspaper “Le Canarde Enchaine,” which broke the story, French public relations giant Havas was chosen to organize the event after the economy ministry reportedly sought no other bids from other companies. The report also revealed the event cost a total of nearly 400,000 euros ($425,000), some 100,000 of which was spent on hotel expenses alone.
Several officials within the Macron’s ministry reportedly formerly worked at Havas.
Macron in the clear?
An aide to presidential candidate told the Agence France-Presse news agency that the investigation would focus on the promotional unit within the ministry tasked with organizing the event, Business France, as well as Havas.
“It’s in no way a story about Macron,” the aide said. Macron is not directly mentioned in the judiciary’s examination and he has denied any wrongdoing. Addressing the allegations last week, the 39-year-old independent candidate said: “I had no knowledge of it at the time, but I cannot imagine that my ministry would organize an event without a tender.”
Business France appeared to recognize its responsibility in the legally dubious organization of the event. In a statement, the governmental promotions team said: “Burdened by delays, it appears that the procedure for choosing a provider capable of heading the organization of the US event, as well as the relevant communications, (…) was affected by irregularities.”
News of the allegations came the same day that the prosecution office announced that it was placing Francois Fillon, Macron’s election rival, under formal investigation over the fake jobs scandal.
Macron is the current frontrunner in this year’s French presidential election and favorite to win the keys to the Elysee Palace.